Monday, March 17, 2014

A New Game Plan

I've been avoiding writing this semester because I thought I'd feel guilty about dedicating time to something personal when I could be using that time to study. Today I need a break, I am on the verge of a breakdown from studying for my stats class. I need to take a break, and let myself do something relaxing even if for a half hour.
I've had a problem with coming up with time to myself this year. On Saturday, I got up, studied for a few hours then decided to take 40 minutes to myself and go lay by the pool while listening to a podcast. My mother saw me and told me that I had wasted a lot of time on that day. I did not think that wanting 40 minutes to myself before working an 8 hour shift was wasting time. I very rarely get time to myself, I am ALWAYS studying something, or working or getting ready to be somewhere. It is sad to think I live in an environment where taking less than an hour to relax is wasting time.
A year ago, I wrote a post about how I got through my spring semester. I was taking six classes, as I am now, but I can not manage to keep up this time. I'm drowning in work, reading and everything that comes with being a student. I really need to re-read it and see if I can find some information that I can take and put into practice, because when it comes down to it, this semester is not working out, it just isn't.

Ok, this time of relaxing and writing has just turned into a mini-rant of sorts. Maybe I'll find some time to write for reals soon enough.

No comments: