Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Fall 2012

This semester has been  really good one. Here is the final result of my programming class:

Absent on 16-Oct
Homework 01 10
Homework 02 9
Homework 03 10
Homework 04 10
Homework O5 10
Homework 06 10
Homework 07 8
Homework 08 8
Homework 09 8
Homework 10 9
Homework 11 10
Homework 12 8
Homework 13 8
Homework 14 4
Homework 15
Lab 01  20
Lab 02  22
Lab 03  20
Lab 04  8
Lab 05  17
Lab 06  16
Lab 07  17
Lab 08  20
Lab 09  20
Lab 10  18
Lab 11  15
Lab 12  5
Lab 13
Lab 14
Test 01  72
Test 02  87
Test 03  80
Test 04
curve   68
Grade   627 pts = 87% = B

I missed the last two lab assignments, but I guess I proved I knew the material on the final. I am pleased with the end result of this class. I really feel like I grasped the material, and I have decided that even though it is not required for my major, I am going to continue my computer programming journey this upcoming semester. Here is my (almost) current schedule:

MCMPSC 213 Programming with Visual Basic
Concepts in programming a computer using the language called Visual BASIC. Emphasis on structured design, graphical user interfacing, and documentation. Includes user screen development, control constructs, array processing, elementary file processing, and database access. Extensive interaction with computers will be expected.

MTHETR 100 Introduction To Theatre Arts
Investigation of the process of the collective are of the theatre, the role of the actor, director, playwright, designer, technician and audience. Survey of the origins of the theatre, its development as an art form, and the social, political and cultural implications of this art form at various points in history.

MTHETR 160 Fundamentals of Acting
Prepares the student to apply basic acting theory to performance. Develops the skills of interpretation of drama through acting. Emphasis on skills for performance: memorization, stage movement, vocal production, and interpretation of text.

MENGL 103 Adv Comp & Critical Thinking
Advanced composition course that focuses on the techniques and principles of argumentation. Examines style, diction, inference, evidence, reasoning, and rhetorical strategies of written argument. 8,000 word writing requirement, at least 6,000 of which must be in essays that have a developed thesis

MPSYCH 103 Introduction to Neuroscience
Introduction to the biological basis of behavior. Emphasis on divisions of the nervous system, neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, psychopharmacology as applied to the understanding of perceptual processes, psychoactive drugs, movement, regulation of hunger and thirst, sexual behavior, sleep, learning and memory, language, emotion, reward and stress, psychopathology. Aproprate for all students interested in the behavioral and biological sciences.


I am also going to take choir and probably band again. This is going to be a busy busy year. I am very much looking forward to it. If I feel like I can not keep up, the first class I am going to drop is the programming class. The others are needed in order for me to graduate and transfer.

No comments: