Friday, March 04, 2011

Particular Treasures


I just finished reading Peculiar Treasures by Robin Jones Gunn for the second time. The title comes from the King James version of the Bible; Exodus 29:5 "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a particular treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine."
I do not read the King James version of the bible, my mother told me that it is not the true Bible, so we stick to the New International Version, but I also like The Message. Our church is reading the English standard Version this year. I am also enjoying it, but I stay away from KJV.
This book is a continuation of the cherished Christy Miller Series. This is the first book in the Katie Weldon Series. Katie is best friends with Christy. The book opened up at Christy and Todd's wedding, which is not a surprise. The wedding is the last scene from I Promise, the last book of the series Christy and Todd: The College Years left off.
We get to see how Katie's relationship with Rick Doyle unfolds. They knew each other in high school, and Rick was a bit of a player, and not only on the football team. Katie had a cliche crush on him, but after he graduated, he was seldom heard from. He found the Lord, became a Christian and wrote an apology letter several years later (I'm guessing three or four years). Shortly after that, the Lord brought them together again, and with his changed life, he and Katie decide to start spending time together, but not moving on to labeling themselves as 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend.'
Some other story lines that are adventured include new friends, a new job as an RA at the fictional college, Rancho Corona, and a new baby!
I had a lot of fun reading about Katie's summer and first few months of her senior year. I highly recomend this book but if and only if you have read the Christy Miller Series, the Sierra Jensen Series and Chrisy and Todd: The College Years, all by Robin Jones Gunn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your purplediego.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com