Wednesday, January 01, 2014

First Post of 2014

Welcome to 2014. I had a pretty mellow New Years Eve. Went over to Mickalyn's, watched a movie, had cupcakes. I think the last time she and I did New Years was exactly 10 years ago, during our senior year of high school.
I feel like 2013 was a full year for me. My spring semester was very busy, interesting, challenging and it payed off. I was in A Midsummer Night's Dream with The San Francisco Shakespeare Company's Shakespeare For All, was in summer school, went to San Francisco for my birthday with Mickalyn, got my motorcycle license, went to the Reno Air Races, entered a new relationship, and applied for several universities.

I mentioned on twitter (@purplediego) that my New Year's resolution is I am not going to reread any books this year, and I have to finish a book once I begin it. I am currently reading ( pretty slowly mind you) Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea. A few months ago, Ryne suggested that we read a book together and then we can talk about it. He and I see each other so infrequently, it is something that we can do together. I think I am currently ahead of him in this book. At first, I was really busy with school and couldn't read as often as I wanted, and now that I'm ahead, I'm not sure why he fell behind. I suggested that we read a book by F. Scott Fitzgerald next, though I might also read another book on my own if he doesn't have time to keep up.

Trying to think of other things....
-school begins soon
-I really miss doing Youtube
-I graduate in 121 days
-I miss Ryne
-I think I'm gonna run another 5k tomorrow

Here's to a great year!

No comments: