Friday, September 29, 2006

Current mood:pleased
I've been thinking about writing for awhile now, but not sure what about. Well Priscilla and I moved back together. I was a little apprehensive with it at first. But she and I talked yesterday, and now I'm feeling very good about this. We are thinking about looking for a third roommate so we don't have to worry about the cost of rent as much.
School is going so well for me right now for the first time in about oh 8 years. I'm honestly excited about school this semester. I'm taking 16 unites, and after this semester, I'm going to be done with psychology and humanities. I am going to have one semester of calculus, 2 semesters of chemistry, 2 semesters of biology, 2 semesters of physics and 2 semesters of english. Now this is if I want to transfer to UCSD as a Biology major. It's the quickest way there, so I'll go for that for now. Sounds good for now.
Band is going well, concert on October 7th. Tickets are $5 for students, and it is going to be a very good concert with few exceptions. There is a modern piece we are playing that is like eating a sandwich with a hairball in it. It is just so nasty, I hate modern music with a deep passion. It is so...not musical. Then we are playing Pirates of the Caribbean. Now I love that piece, but the arrangement has got to be the worst arrangement I've ever played. So we are not playing Mars, and we are playing a bad version of Pirates meh. So the line up for the concert is

Star Spangled Banner - SEGUE - Bravura
Magic Flute Overture
Habanera
Blue Bells Of Scotland
Out Da Window - a concept piece in the avant garde
Pirates Of The Caribbean
 
intermission
 
El Relicario
Trieste for Frank - a memorial for Frank Anders
Clarinet Candy
Rio Blanco
One Night At The Cotton Club
Tribute to Judy Garland
Gallant 7th (Sousa March)

It should be good, so if you are in the San Diego please come! Let me know and I'll hook you up with tickets and directions ^_^
Tomorrow morning, I'm going to be going to Deaf Awareness Day (DAD) in Balboa park, I'm excited to try out my ASL in the real world. It is probably one of my favorite classes right now. I'm learning so much from my professor, we play games and have conversations and it is so amazing to know that we are communicating, it is an amazing feeling. I can't wait to be able to really communicate with animals in the future. I can almost imagine the satisfaction.
My other favorite class has got to be my Hip Hop class. I've never been much of a dancer, but I've finally learned to loosen up and have fun.
I just realized my favorite classes revolve around using my body. Interesting...
I also Downloaded about 40 hours of new music last night I'm completely ^_^ right now!
Ok this is a good update for now
I'm out!

No comments: