Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Current mood:thoughtful
Defying: To oppose or resist with boldness and assurance
Gravity: The natural force of attraction exerted by a celestial body, such as Earth, upon objects at or near its surface, tending to draw them toward the center of the body.

My title has two very important meaning to me. I got it from the musical "Wicked." The more I learn about they story and the more I listen to the music, more specifically this song, the more meaning I get out of it. I suppose if you know the musical, it literally means that Elphie is defying gravity by means of a spell and broom.
I think that gravity can be any burden in life. Gravity is what causes us to have weight, and burdens can feel like added weight to our lives. To defy such a strong force simply mean "forget it, forget rules, I don't care!" Every person has their gravity. Some people let it consume them, and they feel overwhelmed. That has been me for about 5 months now. It's time for me to defy my gravity. I will not let it consume me, it is not going to control my life any more!

The other reason "Defying Gravity" suits me is because I swim, and let me explain that. I have never been that graceful of a person. I do not have the graceful walk as my sister, McKenna. I have a few speech problems and so not feel as though I am heard as my sister Lynnsey is. I do not feel as though I have a gentle presence as Shannon does, nor the personality Nina has. But when I swim, I feel graceful, I feel powerful, and I feel beautiful. I feel beautiful. Feeling the water kissing my bare skin and I flow through and with it. As I become one with the water, we are powerful. Now as I spend all of my time at Sea world and watch the whales, I notice that they don't let gravity take them to the bottom of the tank. They defy gravity, by means of the water. They fly through the water, as I do. I can fly.

This is how I defy gravity. I take life one day at a time.

No comments: