Wednesday, September 11, 2013

To Act is to REACT

There was an episode of 7th Heaven where the father, Eric was meeting a gentleman who's teenage ex-girlfriend was pregnant. The gentleman did not know his ex was pregnant, and before he met up with her, he found  out the news. It came as a complete shock to him. Eric told this man to be very careful how he reacted when he saw his ex, because she would carry that memory of telling him she was carrying his child with her forever. She may even tell their child someday the story of the time his/her daddy found out about his/her existence. When he finally saw her, he had no words, he just broke down and started crying. That is such a sad memory to carry.


I mentioned in my last post that I recently met someone. I might give more details if we decide to become an official couple, but for now we are just friends. Anyways, this person and I are having a great time getting to know each other. I did not think I would ever feel like this again, the thrill of a new relationship. It is exciting, and scary, and we are discussing how attached we should be at this point. I also remember that God is in control of my life, I was not looking for a relationship.


At the risk of trying to not jump to conclusions, one never knows what is going to happen in the future. This friend may stay a friend, or turn into someone I used to know as many of my friends have. On the other hand, things could move in the other direction and become long term, I have no way of knowing. With this in mind, and tying this to the 7th Heaven story, I've been watching peoples reactions when they learn of this person in my life. I have gotten mostly positive feedback. I've had a few close friends present cautions and I am thankful for them and their concerns. I have mine too and it is good to keep me level.

There is one person who had been making embarrassing, annoying and hurtful memories that I am going to have to live with. Though it would seem like this person is just looking out for me, that's not what I need right now. This person has never taken the time to really get into my head and understand that what I need is not protection like a child. I don't need someone grilling me on tough questions. I don't need someone waiting up for me. I don't need someone to push adult dating books on me (really????).

I'm not making any life altering decisions right now. I'm just having a good time, I don't often have "fun." I work a lot, I'm busy with school and my work at the church. I'm so happy to have found someone to relax and have fun with. 

What I need is just happiness that comes with the knowledge that I'm close to being done with school, that I have a good job, wonderful friends, a full spiritual life, things to look forward to and now I am blessed with a new friend that could potentially bud beyond friendship.

Life is good, God is good :)

No comments: