Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wrapping it up

I've gotten used to the feeling of going to bed and waking up feeling like I could easily toss my cookies. I have so much effort I put into each day, the stress and anticipation and anxiety literally make me sick to my stomach some days. I have 2-4 classes 4 days a week plus work, and my church work. Then I continuously remind myself that my future rests on how I perform in school every single day, on every single assignment. 



I have one day left in my classes, and then a week of finals, and my spring semester will be completed just in time for summer school. I m currently registered for:

Hist 101: U.S. history from pre-colonial indigenous America to the late 19th century. Causes, variations, and impacts of colonialism on Indigenous African and European Americans. The movement toward national independence and the Revolutionary War will be examined. The constitution and resulting institutions will be analyzed. National expansion, reform and resulting regional/sectional social and political developments through the U.S. Civil War. Regional social, economic, and political analyses will emphasize the California State Constitution and local government. This course uses the early evolution of the relationships between local, State and Federal governments as a comparative framework for understanding contemporary relationships between local, State and Federal governments.

This class meets 4 days a week from 7AM-10:30AM. It only lasts 5 weeks and I am hoping to do this class early in the day before it becomes too hot in the day.

 

The second class is Hist 102 : Survey of United States history from 1865 through contemporary period, exploring the intersection of politics, the economy, society, culture and geography. Periods covered include: Reconstruction,late-19th century industrialization, the American West, imperialism, the Progressive Era, World War I, the 1920s, the 1930s and the Great Depression, World War II, the Cold War, civil rights, and modern America.

This class is an online class and it begins around when the Hist 101 class ends. It lasts two months, a lot more chill than my Hist 101 class. I'm hoping I can work a bit more this summer than last summer. Last summer was not a happy work summer for me.

No comments: