Monday, September 10, 2012

Just Enjoy Now

I look back and realize that the last several updates I have made revolve around school. There are a few reasons for that. First of all, it is something new to do. I was working (sorta) all summer, plus I had frequent trips to LA, and The Sound of Music toward the end of the summer. Second of all, I have made school my priority in life. I am not quite sure what has brought on this determination, and great desire. I really feel different this semester, like I'm stepping up to the plate.
I am ahead in my homework and lab work (just not the reading), and I think I need to start studying math again.
Ok, time to talk about things not related to school.
I went to an audition last weekend for A Christmas Carol. I was given the call back information for next month for the parts I am going to read for, four I believe.
If you follow me on goodreads.com, you will notice I am reading four books currently. I started one a bit ago (for literally the 4ourth or fifth time) called The Hidden Mickey by Nancy Temple Rodrigue. It is an adventure/scavenger hunt book about these two men who find Walt Disney's long lost diary that leads them on this great adventure. I have no idea why I can not sit my butt down to actually finish it.

The second book I am reading is my textbook for my programming class, Connecting With Computer Science by Greg Anderson.

The third book I am reading is a book I got for my birthday called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

The last book I am reading I saw as a book review on YouTube, and then I saw it on sale while at the Ripon hot air balloons launch 2 weekends ago. It is called Matched by Ally Condie.



So my mind is unfocused when it comes to reading these days. I feel unfocused in general lately unless it is concerning school. I think I am at a good point in my life right now. I am not in a relationship, I have a job, I have a few extra activities, I have goals and direction. School is my opportunity, I am not going to blow it this time. No moving around, no getting involved with guys, no switching jobs, just enjoy now.




No comments: