Thursday, October 28, 2010

A habit that you wish you didn’t have

My bad habit is actually 2 habits I really wish I did not have.

1) I am very bad at keeping my fingernails intact. I'm a nail biter and I also pick at them. 4 years ago, I changed this behavior as an experiment for a psychology class. But bad habits are never broken fully.

2) My other bad habit is sever procrastination. OK, it is partly procrastination and partly ADD. I was diagnosed with ADD in elementary school, but my mother does not believe in ADD so according to her, I do not have a problem. I have had teachers over and over for years and years re question this. But if it does not exist, I must not have it.
I have gotten a lot better over the last few years about not putting things off until the last minute. But I have been still equally bad with getting distracted. I stare off into space, get off topic, can't sit and do actual work for more than 10 minutes or so. Just today, I was trying to tidy up one part of the bedroom and one thing lead to another and I ended up cleaning the whole thing. When I sit down to do homework or to study, I doa little work, but end up getting ready for bed hours before I'm ready to go to school, or end up tidying the desk or making the bed or anything else. It drives Greg up the wall and I have tried to tame this for years and years.

So those are my bad habits for my 4th day of my 30 day blogging challenge.

No comments: