Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I honestly think I died yesterday. It was one of the most exhausting days I've had. Even over my days of marching band, those days I would be tired. But oh no, I was exhausted. I got up at 5 for math at 6 30. I have this little old Russian lady for math  and she is like a little robot-super-computer-genius. Graduated and taught at the University in Moscow and has been in the US for 14 yeas teaching at Mesa and UCSD. Math is her minor, she has her masters and PhD in some sort of mechanics. She is a little fire rocket in the classroom.
So then after that, went to swimming. Didn't swim, but got an overview of what we wee going to be  doing this semester. I like the way we did it back at JC. But what ever. I need to be in the water.
So that class got over early so I went home to have breakfast/lunch. Went back at 11 for Chemistry. Nice teacher, reminds me of my 8th grade science teacher.  Then I worked from 12 30 till 6 30. It was so horrible. I was a greeter. I stood at the door and made sure no one with a backpack, purse, waste, food textbooks came into the store. I made a LOT of enemies, I felt bad, but I did my job. I was so tired I don't remember much, I went  home, made dinner without burning the place down. Waited for Ben to call and then I was out like a light. I slept till 8 this morning.

Now today was the best day in omg so long! So I did my thing until Chem Lab at 11 this morning. It went well, met my lab partner. I have the class with a girl I work with so that's nice to see a friendly face. Got our locker set up and then I go to check out band. It is hidden in the back and it's really pretty there.  So I get there and the other girl who was there told me she played French horn and that this was a pep band! I'm like uh no, cause I HATE pep band. Last year just set it in stone, I hated it. So we go in to talk to the director, and the assistant director. They are both really cool and the pep band is a big thing here. There is usually 12-20 people at any time, but our pep band travels! Also we go to Disneyland every year in November. So I think I'm going to be on tenor sax for it next week when we play.
So I talked to him about the real concert band, and he said it is incredible good. It is the second best ensemble in San Diego! They are really good and are extremely disciplined. They have about 12 major concerts every year, I'm so excited! The ONLY thing is that they meet Tuesday nights, which is my Gilmore Girls night. But I got to look through the music and they play some AWESOME pieces, some I've played before, other I have not. This man has amazing taste~ So I am so excited about this. Finally a REALLY good ensemble I can play in. This band is just amazing form what I hear. There is more, but I don't want to spoil it, it is going to have to wait until I come home. I met a friend of a friend, and this is just going to be a really sweet reunion!!!

With high spirits, I'm out!

No comments: