Sunday, September 19, 2004

Within my heart a garden grows,                                                   
wild with violets and fragrant rose.
Bright daffodils line the narrow path,
my footsteps silent as I pass.
Sweet tulips nod their heads in rest,
I kneel in prayer to seek God's best.
For 'round my garden a fence stands firm
To guard my heart so I can learn
who should enter, and who should wait
on the other side of my locked gate.
I clasp the key around my neck
and wonder if the time is yet.

If I unlocked the gate today,
would you come in? Or run away?


That is not my original poem, robin Jones Gunn wrote in one of her books. And I really like it. It should be everyone's story I think, but it's not, its not even my story.
Sorry, the rain put me in a weird mood. I'm not a huge fan of rain. It brings on other frights of the world along with it. Plus its cold, wet and I'm not a good cold wet person. I do not do cold well. Like if it is really cold, I get really quiet and mentally shut down, its weird. Well,  I can handle wet, but cold-wet is not a good combo for me. Think of a cat...yeah. OK, ttfn ttyl I'm done for now

No comments: