Tuesday, July 14, 2015

#LikeAGirl



I really like this because I had and continue to have limits in my life. I've been made to feel limited at work, at school, and sometimes at home when I was growing up.

Girls are not supposed to be good at math
I have taken the highest level math in my field that an undergrad can take.

Girls roles are to get married, and raise a family.
I learned too late that one has the freedom to turn down men. I have been in a relationship for 2 years, and yes we've had ups and downs, and talked about marriage. The conclusion? We are happy being not married right now. We both have a lot going on in our lives, and marriage is not going to be an advantage to us in any way.

Girls can't be brave.
I usually walk half way to work, when the weather is nice. Living in San Francisco, I have to be brave, it is a busy, big city.

My blog of...over 10 years now is called Defying Gravity. Every day, I have people and situations that hold me back, and I have to rise up to defy those challenges, those daily gravities. What are your gravities?

No comments: