Thursday, September 06, 2012

Computer Geeks Unite!

Even though I am retaking my programming class, I'm spending a ton of time studying for it. It is partly boring because one can only absorb so much information regarding the architecture of a computer. On the other hand, I take great pleasure in telling people I am taking computer programming and I'm currently studying how transistors are used to build logic circuits.



My reason for taking this class (Cmpsc 204 - Introduction to Programming, then next semester, Cmpsc 213 - Programming With Visual Basic) is it fulfills a requirement for me to transfer to UCSD as a psychology major.
I'm actually slightly emotionally involved with programming. I was once in a long term relationship (2 years 2004-2006) with a computer science major who went to MJC then transferred to UCSD. He graduated from there years ago and if off living his life now. It is a little fun learning some of the programming "lingo" and subject I heard so much about. He seemed to have a lot of fun with his projects, and I'm finally understanding why.
I remember he would procrastinate and leave his projects till the last minute, then pull an all-nighter finishing it. It was tiring, stressful and thrilling all at once.
In the long run, it was not a good relationship. There was a lot of hurt, jealousy, partying, drinking (in his part), priority organization, and immaturity. But looking back, there were some good times also, school time, social activities, community activities, and travel .
I guess I am a very nostalgic person, I have a few fond memories of past relationships, and this topic is a connection to that past.

I know I repeat a lot of information, often.

No comments: