Saturday, November 27, 2010

Old Friendships

I have completed the merging of 6 years of blogs. There were close to 600 posts. I got rather nostalgic while doing this project because I read stories about friends that are no longer in my life. I have gotten very sad thinking about this, because even though there has been rocks over the years, I would still be friends with them. I really, truly miss these friends, three in particular. I would add 4 to the list, but that friendship is on permanent hold until I get to Heaven.
As I was going through my old blogs, I have decided to keep most of them private. I am partially ashamed of what I thought and my language. I am also partially sad to read about past relationships, not because I am sad they happened. I am not, I do not want to hurt Greg, because he and I have been on a smooth path for a long time now and I want to keep it that way.

These friends, were by best friends. They meant everything to me. I dated two out of the three of these people, yes the last one is a girl. She began to give me the cold shoulder after her bother and I mutually broke at Christmas time in 2006. I do not feel like she got a fair view of the story, because her brother was involved. I really wanted the friendship to continue. She came to see me the day after Brianna passed away because I was a wreck. The last time I talked to her was in 2007 when we found out David was deathly sick. After that. I have not gotten involved with her life. She was involved with a guy I'll admit, I liked. But she did not seem to want to keep up with me anymore, so I respected her and left her alone. I had a lot going on, I had my first Walt Disney World College Program to look forward to and school and so on.
In 2008, I called her brother because I had a conversation with another friend. When I moved out from San Diego, he and I had gotten a storage unit together for some of my excess stuff and I was thinking of getting it back at that point. My friend also had some valuable paintings in there. I also had some clothes, kitchenware and furniture in this said storage unit. When I called him in August, 2008, he told me he had thrown all that stuff out because he had moved out of the area and did not think I would want that stuff back. He was very cold and matter-of-fact about it too. I got angry and upset over it. But I got over it, and decided to handle this in a Christian way. I forgave him and I got over the relationship we had. When I look back on it, I focus on the positive parts and I remember the relationship as a pleasant time in my life for the most part. I contacted him about a year ago randomly through AIM. We had a civil and even engaging enough of a conversation, a little bit of a catching up. I then found out he has decided to act homosexual. I feel so badly for him and his family because he and his sister were both raised in a (what I thought) good Christian home. I was not thoroughly shocked by this conversation, but equally sad.
In August of 2009, I learned my friend, the sister, had moved in with her boyfriend of two and a half years (the same guy I had liked at one point in time). She also has a twitter account and some of the things she posts are so out of her character, she is not the same person anymore. She has fallen very far away from Christianity, and the right things she was taught. I wonder how her family has been feeling because of how their children have been behaving. I heard that She and her then boyfriend had gotten engaged. At the beginning of the summer, her fiance posted something on twitter that lead to a discussion that went like this:

Scott Perry
breakfast was three chocolate chip cookies. life as a bachelor is ok.
10 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply

Kelsey Hardy
@ I thought you were getting married?
10 Jul Favorite Reply Delete

Scott Perry
@: not anytime soon!
10 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply

Kelsey Hardy
@ thought you were engaged? What happened?
11 Jul Favorite Reply Delete

Scott Perry
@: we still are, and will be for a while. in less than 140 characters: we don't believe in marriage.
11 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply

Kelsey Hardy
@ not sure I follow. Engaged but don't believe in marriage? I'm trying to word this without seeming offensive or atticking. interested
11 Jul Favorite Reply Delete

Scott Perry
@: being married doesn't say anything about the quality of a relationship. our celebration will be about us, not our legal status
11 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply

Kelsey Hardy
@ I've never heard a statement like that.

Scott Perry
@
@: it's a bigger deal for some of our friends who can't. we'll get it sometime (tomorrow?) but we won't throw a party for it.
12 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply

Kelsey Hardy
@ if "legal status" seems not much a big deal then why not get it?
12 Jul Favorite Reply Delete

Kelsey Hardy
@ well yes they can. Just not in Cali but Cali will recognize "marriages" from other states. Cali voted it down.
12 Jul Favorite Reply Delete

Scott Perry
@
@: not "other states", only Mass. the system is broken.
12 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply

Kelsey Hardy
@ so are you engaged? Because one usually associates engagement with a plan to wed. But if you don't "believe in marriage" which makes
12 Jul Favorite Reply Delete

Kelsey Hardy
@ it sound like you see it as s figment of your imagination instead of a real thing, which it is, I know from experience, how would
12 Jul Favorite Reply Delete

Kelsey Hardy
@ you present yourself? I find this fascinating.
12 Jul Favorite Reply Delete

Scott Perry
@
@: ostensibly we're engaged, but we refer to each other as "partners" not "future spouses".
12 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply

This is a very altered way to view life. Anyway, I found out that she and her fiance got married last October, but it was just a legality or a civil union, not a special, cherished wedding.

When Greg and I were planning on moving back to California this year, I decided to contact her and this is what happened:
purplediego (1:47:55 PM):Hey, I'm moving back to California in 2 weeks, and I'm not saying we have to get together but I'm wondering if we can stop freezing each other out. I miss talking to you and I'm not holding a grudge over anything.
purplediego (1:48:30 PM):If we are even freezing eachother out
purplediego (1:48:38 PM):I'm not really sure
purplediego (1:49:16 PM):I was packing up some books and I found a note you wrote to me in a yearbook and I just miss you
purplediego (1:50:03 PM):I like reading your facebook updates and taking a peek into your life every now and then
TheMilami (1:50:25 PM):So, I don't enjoy talking to your or interacting with you. Our relationship reached a point, at least for me, where every time we interacted I ended up frustrated and upset, it's not worth the time or effort for me. I'm sorry if you didn't understand that earlier, and I'm sure you have plenty of other people to spend time with who do enjoy your company
TheMilami (1:50:36 PM):I don't hold grudges, that just increases stress
TheMilami (1:51:10 PM):I don't mind if you keep seeing my facebook or anything like that, you are welcome to do as you wish, but I'm happy continuing life as I have
purplediego (1:51:20 PM):ok. I am not sure what you are referencing exactly, but I'll respect that
purplediego (1:51:24 PM):bye
TheMilami (1:51:31 PM):bye!

This hurt me very much, I told Samantha about this and she agreed that this person was very "un-cool" for doing this to me. I also told Greg about this and he told me that I shouldn't torture myself by bringing up this relationship anymore. The thing is, I think God want's me to pray for this family. I do not think this is a closed chapter in my life. This family seems to have really lost their religion and relationship with God if they are ok with letting their son live a homosexual lifestyle with another non-Christian homosexual person and to let one of their daughters shack up with her obviously non-Christian boyfriend for over a year before they were unionized. I have no idea what the future holds, but all I know is that God wants me to pray for them, so I have been for months. I have not talked to them, but I sure have been praying for them.

There is another friend I have not mentioned in this post, but I am sure it will come up sometime.

No comments: