Thursday, October 15, 2009

Current mood: annoyed
Sea World decided to let me go after exactly one month of work. When I was hired, I was told that since I used to work there, and if I'm a good worker, I would have no trouble staying on after the summer. I also had a manager ask me if I was interested in staying on after the summer and I told her yes I was very interested. But it did not work out, and I am so glad. I don't know what I did to 'plus' the job in my mind, but it was a very frustrating environment to be a part of. I was told on a daily basis that I was 'not allowed to do that.' Referring to usually a common service I would perform at Disney on a regular basis. I was not trusted by anyone, managers, people of my own status, to do almost anything, including setting up a display, or even talking to a guest on a topic that went outside Sea World.
Greg and I got accepted back into WDW beginning in 2010. I an so excited because I really liked working in a positive work environment. I was trusted, managers came to me when they needed something done, or a new idea. Disney offered a million opportunities, and I was happy. I really love Disney.
Maybe Sea World is still in my future, maybe Disney is my calling, I do not know.
For the time being, Greg and I are in Modesto until the end of the year. then Florida in 2010.

No comments: