Monday, March 19, 2007

Current mood:impressed
So I had my first experiences at Six Flags on Saturday. The first half of the day was spent in a classroom setting, lectures and such. I found out what I will be doing in the Education Department for the two months I am in it. I will be working with the trainers, and be standing outside of the animal exhibits with a microphone and talk. I have a huge handbook with every fact and piece of trivia known about our animals. Then after lunch, we took a very detailed tour of the park, focused on the animals. We have in our care dolphins, penguins, sea lions, seals, bat rays, walruses, sharks, butterflies, lions, giraffes, tigers, cougars, cheetahs, elephants, alligators and Shouka, the Killer Whale! Some fun facts, out walruses were the ones used in the film "50 First Dates", and Jokko squirted water on me while we visited.
This is going to be a great summer, this park has a vibe. It is a very different vibe then SW had, but a vibe it has. After seeing a more detailed version of this park, I have so much more pride with Sea World more than ever on they way the park is run, how the animals are treated, and how the shows are presented. I won't go into it, but working here is really going to be a slight strain for me, because of my unceasing dedication for SW.
Dad thinks I should start writing about what I learn and experience. And I think that is a great idea. Who knows? I might write a book someday about this field, because it is a very secret, dark and rewarding field to be a part of.
Also, last night I had a really good sit down and talk with McKenna and Macy about this field, because they just got back from Sea World and experiencing the rewards of the Dolphin Interaction Program. I showed them the very rewarding and also the very dark secretive side of the art of animal training. I really think I opened some doors for them and they are both more determined then ever to become trainers and at the same time, I think I've shown them what I plan to do after I retire, and not even my parents know what my plans are. Ben didn't know and I don't think anyone knows, except McKenna and Macy. And now I feel like my cause and force is stronger and finally open to someone who is on my side and is ready to take action in a few years.
Ok I have to get going for the day, my life is great, I am great. A word to the wise: Reach for your dreams, always be true and you'll be amazed what they can bring!

No comments: